• Extremely Exhilarating

    Reporter: HousingNepal.com
    Published:
    A- A+
    There are always people like me, wanting to engage in extreme sports and yet fear always gets the better of us at end of the day. Hence, it was with shaky resolve that I decided to try out canyoning. My worries were compounded by the fact that like any other great adventure sport, canyoning could can prove fatal if something were to go wrong. After spending a good amount of time looking for the right canyoning company, I decided to go with Chhango The Canyoning Company.

    After breakfast from Chhango Riverside Resort in Sundarijal, we started our hikedonning our wet suits and safety gear to our first spot at around 10:30 am.  Our group comprised of nine people, including three guides. It was a good half-hour uphill hike before we reached the spot. Head guide, Manoj Tamang briefed us on the safety measures for canyoning and informed us of the four waterfalls that we needed to climb down.

    We started off with a trail for the ultimate challenge. The fact that I was going to do something which could be insanely fun but also looked dangerous hit me at that very moment. The first and second waterfalls, which were supposed to be easy, were a little tough for me. It took a little time and a few minor scarpes and bruises here and there before I got a hang of the technique. But I must tell you, more than the fear it was pure excitement and an adrenaline rush that I felt.

    The third waterfall was a little more complicated than the first two. It had a small deep pool halfway where we had to swim across to a rocky surface before climbing down again. I was quite exhausted by the time I got down. The last and the fourth fall was the longest and the most fun of all. Even though it looked dangerous, it was pretty much a plain descend with cold water rushing down. By the time it was over, I was ectastic and I have never felt more truly alive.

    My verdict
    : As exciting and nerve-wrecking as it was, canyoning with Chhango was by far the most exhilarating experience I have had. What started out as little adventure somewhat became a test of courage booster. The guide’s patience with first timers in the group and extra caution deserves appreciation. Hats off to Manoj the head guide and Rupesh and sandip the assistant guides, for making this experience nothing short of extraordinary.

    This is one adventure sport that I would personally recommend for anyone looking for some wet and wild fun. As for me, canyoning helped me conquer more than just my fears and Chhango has me now craving ofr another shot at canyoning.-Tsering Ngodup Lama

    Canyoning is an adventure sport that involves travelling down creeks or streams within a canyon by a variety of means, including walking, scrambling, wading, boulder hopping, rock climbing, abseiling and rappelling using safe techniques.

    Chhango’s canyoning package
    Day package (includes two way transportation, breakfast, lunch, national park permit fee, all gear and equipment, guides and canyoning)
    For Nepali: NRs.3,000
    For foreigners: 55 euros
    Overnight packages in tented camp also available on request.
    Contact: 01-4701251, 01-6914541 or www.canyoninginnepal.com

    *Note : Only for 18-year-olds and above.

    Subjects: